Tuesday, January 25, 2011

UGH Day

Yes, I have them too....those days where you just don't want to get out of bed, rather just throw those covers back over your head and ignore what needs to be done for the day. 

I started out today good, got up, had my breakfast, got everyone to school on time I thought it was going well - then I got to the gym....I'm still not quite 100% although I am feeling better but I really had to push myself today.  Maybe it's the wear and tear I'm putting my body through that is trying to get to me or, just getting to that time of the month...I think is the latter since it seemed I was more emotional today UUGGHH!!  

I haven't had my buddy in working out with me she's been with Shelly this week and with being sick it was all I could do to get to the gym here on base each day; I just could not get myself to make it to Kadena later in the morning to meet them so I've been working out right after dropping the kids off at school.  So really it's a combination of things I'm sure that have led me to my slump today or it's just me looking for excuses as that is our human nature right? 

So, I was in there today working out and today's Ab workout was just really tough on me....that and I was not able to do the chest fly's on the bench I prefer as there were more people in there than normal and they had crap everywhere ( I know another excuse).  Today was crunches over a ball that were super set with leg/butt lifts on the decline bench - OK, crunches I got them no problem....but have you tried to do a leg/butt lift on an decline?!  Not the easiest thing to do even when you are in a flat lying position just imagine angling your body 45 degrees or so and having to lift your arse even that much higher!  Ya, I was a bit worked and (here is why I feel that it's Aunt Flo time) I actually got teary eyed because I was having issues with this exercise.  I start second guessing myself in my mind - I mean who am I kidding here, can I really do this?  What am I thinking?! I'm really not so sure after a day like today that I can get to the finish line....but I know it's just one day, don't let it turn into dayS plural. 

I finish with my sets and go into the cardio room - here I see a gal who did the competition last year and had posted this morning that she "was in a mood" I had replied to her that it was too early to be in a mood and she should go and work it out :)  but here I am in that same type of  "mood."  I tap her on the leg (she was on the stair mill and so was above me) she pulls her earphone out and I tell her "so it must be the day for moods"  we chat a bit and I feel better knowing that this is normal....she then tells me "hey your arms are looking really good!"  I laugh at her and say "ya, if it was an upper body competition I'd be set but I have all the rest of the crap on my arse - darn Hispanic Genes in me"  we both laugh and joke about how hard it is really to lose the fat on the hips, butt and thighs - a really tough spot for most women.  We say how we hate to look in the mirror at them and I tell her forget the mirror how about when you lie down and that's all there is these huge hips!  we laugh a bit more and I tell her I'll see her later, I need to get my cardio done before I drop.  I head over to the treadmill feeling a little lighter in my step, still dreading the workout but a bit better  - I was really down and looking at the negative when she reminded me that my hard work is paying off and there is a positive...my arms are looking HOT!  I know I joked about it when you said it Erica, but THANK YOU!   I rally needed that, just those couple words brought my spirits back up a bit today.  I hope your day got better too!

So with that my quote of the post:

"People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime...." - unknown

I talked about this with another gal pal of mine this morning as I was leaving the gym (Happy Birhtday michelle!)- and it really is true, think about it and then accept the lesson, love the person/people (anyway), and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life. 

and a bonus quote:

"It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant."  - Unknown

Have a great day and remember it is only one day to get through - don't let it hold you back but instead, learn from the lesson.

Hugs!

1 comment:

  1. so um some of us can't see your hot arms in person...I'm just sayin! So proud of you for fighting the blah's and hitting the gym anyways. Keep up the good work chicky!

    ReplyDelete