So we all know that water is important, we are supposed to drink at least 8 8oz glasses a day...but how many of you do that? How many of you drink more? Water is so very important for so many things and I hope that this post will help you to realize that. Dehydration is linked to so many things, headaches on one side of the spectrum and death on the other! Yes, people death! Here are just a few of the important facts you should know about water:
Did you have any idea that water was that important to our body?? And here is more:
The functions of water in human body are vital. The water:
- Transports nutrients and oxygen into cells
- Moisturizes the air in lungs
- Helps with metabolism
- Protects our vital organ
- Helps our organs to absorb nutrients better
- Regulates body temperature
- Protects and moisturizes our joints
So, what could happen if we don't drink enough water every day? Here are a few:
Yes, there really truly is a risk of death if you become severely dehydrated! So what are the signs and symptoms that you can look for (listen to body...it really does speak to you!)
Are you peeing Dark Yellow or Orange? You do not have enough water!!
Are you Tired? Water is a source of energy!
Do you have dry skin?
Are you hungry? Yes, hunger could be an indicator that you are thirsty...drink a glass of water before you reach for the food.
Are you Thirsty? This is your body's way of telling you that it is already dehydrated...stay ahead of the game, drink, drink, and then drink some more. An easy way to do this? Drink your 8 oz every hour on the hour....if a new hour approaches and you havent' yet finished your glass, guzzle it down and refill it for the next hour. Take water with you everywhere! Sip it constantly through the day! The benefits to your water intake are innumerable but here are the top 11 from Mangosteen.com
- Lose weight: Drinking water helps you lose weight because it flushes down the by-products of fat breakdown. Drinking water reduces hunger, it’s an effective appetite suppressant so you’ll eat less. Plus, water has zero calories.
- Natural Remedy for Headache: Helps to relieve headache and back pains due to dehydration. Although many reasons contribute to headache, dehydration is the common one.
- Look Younger with Healthier Skin: You’ll look younger when your skin is properly hydrated. Water helps to replenish skin tissues, moisturizes skin and increases skin elasticity.
- Better Productivity at Work: Your brain is mostly made up of water, thus drinking water helps you think better, be more alert and more concentrated.
- Better Exercise: Drinking water regulates your body temperature. That means you’ll feel more energetic when doing exercises. Water also helps to fuel your muscle.
- Helps in Digestion and Constipation: Drinking water raises your metabolism because it helps in digestion. Fiber and water goes hand in hand so that you can have your daily bowel movement.
- Less Cramps and Sprains: Proper hydration helps keep your joints and muscles lubricated, so you’ll less likely get cramps and sprains.
- Less Likely to Get Sick and Feel Healthy: Drinking plenty of water helps fight against flu and other ailments like kidney stones and heart attack. Water adds with lemon is used for ailments like respiratory disease, intestinal problems, rheumatism and arthritis etc. In another words one of the benefits of drinking water is that it can improve your immune system.
- Relieves Fatigue: Water is used by the body to help flush out toxins and waste products from the body. If your body lacks water, your heart, for instance, needs to work harder to pump out the oxygenated blood to all cells, so are the rest of the vital organs, your organs will be exhausted and so will you.
- Good Mood: Your body feels very good and that’s why you feel happy.
- Reduce the Risk of Cancer: Related to the digestive system, some studies show that drinking a healthy amount of water may reduce the risks of bladder cancer and colon cancer. Water dilutes the concentration of cancer-causing agents in the urine and shortens the time in which they are in contact with bladder lining.
But I don't like the taste of water....Don't give me that excuse...figure out how to be creative with you water...Naturally! Do not constantly go for the Crystal Light or other drink additives...do not drink your calories!! Do those on occasion but instead try some of these:
Add a slice of cucumber, orange, lemon, lime, strawberries
Maybe a spring of mint is more your palette.....what ever it is try something....does it have to be ice cold, do you prefer it room temperature? Every one is different and just because you like it one way doesn't mean that someone else will either...experiment and be different...maybe sliced apples or Mango...the ideas could be endless - especially if you mix any of the above together!
Keep it fun, enjoy it and look at the benefits again....your water will never look the same!
A man may well bring a horse to the water, But he cannot make him drink without he will. -
I hope you all have the will to drink!