Monday, January 10, 2011

My Birthday Workout

Happy Birthday to me!  Thank you to all who sent birthday wishes my way, I had a great day!

Started it off with a great work out with my friend Amy, we met at the gym at 7:30 this morning just after dropping the kids off at school.  We started out with a nice 10 minute warm up on the stair mill (great to get our butts in shape) then moved onto our weight training or what I have so fondly begun to call my daily dose of Shelly is killing me ;) Tuesday's are my day for back and triceps so that means....dun dun dun - pull ups!  Not my favorite but I am happy to say that I am getting better. 

Now today though I had to do two sets on my own (meaning I could  not use the machine assist) yes, my back is burning!  From there I hat Lat pull down with dumbbell swings,  1 arm dumbbell rows, standing dbell overhead extension with bench dips, and skull crushers with hyper extensions.  From there we went back into do 20 minutes of cardio on the elliptical - my legs were killing me as I worked them hard on Friday and didn't feel they were fully recovered before working them hard again yesterday so I only did a 5 resistance on there with 10 minutes forward and then 10 minutes backwards all at a 10 incline.  But, I wasn't done there. 

My friend Adrianna then joined me for Yoga - this class was from 9 - 10:15 and if you've ever done yoga before, you know that it's no joke on your legs, back, arms, core - everything :)  So 2.5 hours in the gym this morning did me good! 

I came home and make a turkey burger on my new George Foreman grill, served it on a fat free high fiber tortilla with spinach and a little mustard YUMMY!  I then treated myself to my new favorite 'dessert'  4 egg white scrambled and mixed with a little bit of brown sugar splenda and cinnamon - don't knock it till you try it ;) - can't say it's better than girl scout cookies...but it sure as heck is better for you and being as girl scout cookies are not on my diet, I try and get my creative food side going :)

Some of the yummy things I've eaten lately:

Greek Yogurt Buffalo Chicken Skewers w/grilled zucchini                                                   Taco Salad

Smothered Turkey Burger wrapped in lettuce 

Was totally spoiled with gifts too...I had already gotten an early gift of the Water Cooler, George Foreman grill and Hand mixer wand, then I got a really cool girly USMC lounge suit/sweat suit - which is going to be perfect to wear on Friday's for my posing classes over my  posing outfit.  Then today I got some new protein flavors from my Awesome friend and trainer that I can't wait to try - Cherry Vanilla, Chocolate Milk and Vanilla Peanut Butter - they came in these cool single serve bottles too so they will go perfectly in my bag!  Then my hubby and kids surprised me with even more things tonight!  I got flowers (Love getting surprise flowers), the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Hard Body Boot Camp video, and the fitness magazines! 

Hope you all are having a wonderful day and keeping up with your work-out routine today as well.  Saw this quote today that I wholeheartedly believe:

Those who do not find time for exercise - will have to find time for illness; Earl of Derby

1 comment: