Thursday, February 17, 2011

FOOD

I'm pretty sure I have mentioned it before - but I'm going to tell you again....I am eating more food now each day then I ever have before; and I'm losing weight!!!  CRAZY! I know it's the strangest thing but I am dead serious here folks!  Remember those old PBS commercials - 'You are what you eat from your head down to your feet, things like....."  Well, I must becoming a bird because the majority of my food intake:

Chicken Breast
Turkey Breast
Fish (tuna - ahi steak YUMM!, cod - not a big fan, halibut - super expensive here on the island or tilapia - if I can find it wild caught)
Egg Whites (a lot of them!!)


My typical day of eating right now is like this:

Breakfast - Oatmeal & egg whites
Snack - Greek Yogurt, Whey protein shake
Lunch - 5oz meat and 1 cup veggies
Snack - 4 oz meat and 4 egg whites
Snack - Whey protein shake blended with egg whites and 3/4 cup fruit
Dinner - 4 oz meat and 1 1/2 cup salad
Bed time snack - Whey protein shake

Of course I can have some variance of the above with the exchange program..i.e. 4 oz meat can be traded for 1/2 cup cottage cheese on the second snack etc.  I have a sheet that has good exchanges for proteins and carbs alike (which are minimal as you can see)

If you are like me though you get bored with the same meals over and over and over again...so I've gotten a bit creative with my meals and cooking - my latest fix; egg white pancakes!!

OMG are these ever yum and I just keep trying them with different things.  This is how I make them:

3/4 cup All whites egg whites (approx 4 large egg whites)
Cinnamon
Nutmeg or Allspice

Combine all ingredients and mix well (I normally put them all into a bowl with lid and shake but you can whisk or blend in blender as well) place mixture into a warmed skillet (medium heat) let cook through and when you can pull the edges of the 'pancake' away from the edges carefully flip and cook for just a few seconds longer (these will do most of the cooking on the initial side, if you flip too early they will fall apart)

I then have done the following:

1 scoop protein powder mixed with just enough water to make a paste - spread on pancake

SF maple syrup which I have added raspberry flavoring to (Torani's SF syrups from the coffee aisle) do this when you don't need the extra protein

Today though I tried this and I am so excited to make them for Bunco tomorrow night!

1/2 cup cottage cheese
1T SF/FF Chocolate Fudge Instant Pudding mix
2T water
1 packet stevia

mix/blend together (I used my handy mixer to do this, not sure what it's called but it stands tall and has a small blade on it - hand blender maybe?)

Once it's all mixed together and smooth spread onto one half of the pancake/crepe and then fold into 1/4's
ENJOY! 

When I'm off season I think I will add whip cream and maybe some chocolate syrup - MMMMM I just finished eating this and it was so so SO GOOD!  And I got all my protein that I needed plus a full belly!! 

Tonight is posing and we once again get pinched so I am anxious to see where my BF is now - and to see what her scale has in comparison to mine...I know it will be higher though as I weighed first thing int he morning and so it was on an empty stomach before consuming any food or a gallon+ of water. 

Today's Quote of the Post:
 Stolen from a FB post
 “The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.”

Hope you have had a great attitude today!

Hugs!

Update - I took a pic of the 'crepes' I made to take to bunco tonight....chocolate and pistachio...YUMMY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment