Monday, February 14, 2011

Doubt? How about Motivation??

Mr. Webster defines Doubt as this:
–verb (used with object)
 to be uncertain about; consider questionable or unlikely; hesitate to believe.
–noun
 a feeling of uncertainty about the truth, reality, or nature of something.
 
While I don't doubt the ability of my trainer, I know that she knows here stuff and has gotten me into great shape...I instead doubt myself, Why am I doing this?  What am I going to prove?  I'm crazy...that cellulite is never going to go away from my behind and these hips will be here forever - I've given birth to 7 kids people!!!  my stomach sags from being stretched so much and that is not going to go away - Clothes are so deceiving and while I look in the mirror and know I look good with them on - I start to hyperventilate about what I have to wear on stage and the poses that I have to be in and how those judges are going to be looking at all the imperfections and I really start to FREAK OUT!!  What am I thinking taking on this challenge?!?!!
 
But then I take a step back and think of my friends who have started their exercising because of me, changed their diets to be healthier for the themselves and their kids and their future grand kids and I feel good...it starts to motivate me again and I realize that I have this great desire to change and challenge myself, plus I don't want to let you all down either! BUT boy has this been a challenge thus far!  So, I continue to say no to the Valentine's candy, walk the other way from the newly placed Peeps aisle at the exchange and down more protein.  I start to chant the different motivational quotes that I have heard and researched and start to change my attitude...as it begins and ends with me, I am the only one who can make the decision to follow the diet, put the right food in my mouth and get in the gym to do the rigorous workouts...I am not a quitter and I going to continue this and cross the bridge of horrid cellulite showing when I place that suit on my body come 5 June.  (I'm really hoping that the tan will cover it and that I will have more muscle definition down there by then too)
 
So Today's Quote of the post: many of them because I need them and I am sure that you may too!
 
"Hard work is a two-way street. You get back exactly what you put in. -Unknown_
 
"Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever." -Lance Armstrong- ("And Regret Stinks" -Shelly Howard)
 
"Sweat is your fat cells crying" -unknown
 
"There's no easy way out.  If there were, I would have bought it.  And believe me, it would be one of my favorite things!" -Oprah Winfrey
 
"Fitness- if it came in a bottle, everybody would have a great body." -Cher



 
I hope you made your reservations this Valentines Day for the gym and kept it!
 
Hugs! 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment