Friday, April 22, 2011

Progression, exhaustion, and new goals

Exhaustion defined by Mr. Webster: the act or process of exhausting : the state of being exhausted

Exhausted defined:
1. a : to consume entirely : use up <exhausted our funds in a week> b : to tire extremely or completely <exhausted by overwork> c : to deprive of a valuable quality or constituent <exhaust a photographic developer> <exhaust a soil of fertility>
2. a : to draw off or let out completely b : to empty by drawing off the contents; specifically : to create a vacuum in
3 a : to consider or discuss (a subject) thoroughly or completely

I am at the state of being exhausted this week, meaning I am consumed entirely by the workouts; I am tired completely and extremely...basically this week was hard on me - I think last week running around on Spring Break, no naps and minimal carbs have taken their toll (not to mention that oh so wonderful (BLAH) time of the month)  I had a difficult time, completing my reps - I was playing a very stong mental game with myself to get those sets completed this week.  My new best friend in the afternoons has become Diet Mt Dew (thank you Holly for hooking me up on that..or I should say Derek ;) ) That iced with a bit of Raspberry flavored Sugar Free syrup is  'DA BOMB!  Just enough of a pick me up to get me through the afternoon with my kiddos...then tucked in bed by 8 (yes, 8 o'clock I have been in bed and very nearly dead asleep!)  But, I am hoping that I have been able to catch up on my rest this week some with that extra sleep - and tomorrow being Easter, I plan on just resting even more...no Easter Dinner in this house this year...kids won't miss it and with Andy flying back he won't miss anything either. 

So this week was tough, but all is looking well for me according to my wonderful Trainer - we had an extra posing class this morning at which we took new pictures and videos of our progress - this is what I got for my pics (posted below too)

Back pose:
Great thing is how in shape your glutes and hammies look. Very nice. BUT your lats are not fully opened here. Back pose is when you really have to round your shoulders forward. Not bad, just could be better.






Front:
Pretty good overall. Nice abs :) Just would like your arms a little more relaxed, fingers too. Keep arms more straight, no points on the elbows.







Side:
Almost every single one of you need to TWIST MORE. We need to be able to see the back shoulder MORE. Your hands are placed perfectly, that wont change by twisting more. Glutes look good too.








As you can see there is progression from before but a still a road ahead of me; going to take the critiques and work it to be the best that I can be I have 6 weeks plenty of time right?! I sure hope so!!  :)  I do know that that Shelly has the confidence in me though as she has once again changed my goals...I was to be 125/13...Now I am working toward 121/12!! She wouldn't have done that if she didn't think I could get there right?!

Today for weigh in and pinching I was 130/17.9 so the body fat has continued to go down and unfortunately, the weight up a couple pounds but we all fluctuate so no big deal...or so I keep telling myself anyway ;)
So, that is me today - one last week in April before a change up again in May then we are on the home stretch for sure!  YAY!!!

Today's Quote of the Post: (a few of them actually)

Ninety percent of the game is half mental. ~ Yogi Berra
You have to train you mind like you train your body. ~ Bruce Jenner
The mind messes up more shots than the body. ~ Tommy Bolt
The mind is a powerful thing and most people don't use it properly. ~ Mark McGwire
I do believe that I am getting to a point where it really is more mental...I am working hard at keeping not only my body strong now, but my mind as well - not only in the gym but at home, on my diet and with my family.  Hope you have a strong mental game too!

Hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment