Monday, September 19, 2011

A little behind...sorry

Time flies when you are off season......so here's a quick update


Wow, kids back to school, competition over, and boot camp has started again....the time has gotten away from me!  I just realized that I never did post about the show!  Well, for those of you who are friends with me on FB know, I did win!  Yes, I was given the title - Ms. Figure Okinawa!!  It was super exciting since I really was only doing this show for the stage presence and practice.  But here I am on stage with the Local Okinawa Bodybuilders.  It was another great experience, and I was way more nervous this time around then I was my first time out! 


You had this may want to ask why so nervous?  You knew you had this in the bag after the competitor meeting....yes, that was when I found out I was my only competition....so again why so nervous? 
#1 - Language barrier....I couldn't even understand them call my my number much less any of the instructions back stage...thank goodness this wasn't my first show...yes, there was some English and my very skoshi Japanese plus arm movements and gestures to get us through.
#2 - No one else is on stage with me, no other women to walk out with me, no one to be compared to
#3 - I wasn't 100% happy with how I looked, I hadn't practiced my posing as much as I should have and my suit broke!  Yes, the jewels that hold the back and front part of my bottoms together broke!  All I can say is thank goodness for Bikini Bite!!

So, I am back in my normal every day routine...or trying to get there anyway.  I have come one full year since I started this journey into a healthier me and I feel great.  Boot camp started back this month and I am leaps and bounds from where I was last year that is true.  I have also taken the initial steps to get myself certified as a personal trainer....knowing first hand what it takes and being able to relate to the women and men out there in the weight struggle I can't wait to help them achieve their fitness goals too!

Today's quote of the post:
It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare; it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.—Seneca

Dare yourself to do something difficult....stay on your fitness goals - remember we are human and make mistakes forgive yourself and keep at it!

Hugs!  


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update, you will be a great trainer--- you should move to Quantico so you can help me!! So proud of you, you are such an inspiration and a beautiful woman both inside and out! xo Arleta

    ReplyDelete